Monday, December 14, 2015

Book Review - "The Elite" by Kiera Cass


Wowwww. That's all I can say after reading this book. Never have I been so elated, nervous, excited, and embarrassed by a book before. I think that's one of my favorite things about Cass' writing is she has the ability to make you feel exactly what America feels, including being embarrassed for her.

In this book things start of going well between Maxon and America. So well in fact that he throws a Halloween ball for her. He plans on proposing to her and ending the Selection, but things never go quite so easily. Marlee has a major secret revealed which comes between America and Maxon. Maxon is driven to another one of the Elite which only drives the wedge further between our estranged couple. Of course America turns to Aspen in secret which drives me crazy. Things with the rebels only worsen as does the stress of the competition.

The girls are assigned a project which they will present to all of Illea on the Report and in anger, America chooses abolishing the caste system. Needless to say this does not sit well with the King and Maxon ends up taking a beating for her. It is made very clear that the King does not approve of America and she is nearly sent home for her choice.


I love this book and this series for that matter. I can't wait to keep reading to find out what happens between Maxon and America.



Overall, I give this book 5 stars and say it is a MUST READ!

No comments:

Post a Comment