Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Book Review - "The Selection" by Kiera Cass


This book was so crazy. I mean nothing too crazy happens, but the love story is just-ah! It gave me so much anxiety and so many knots in my stomach (the good kind). I love America Singer and I would love to be her best friend. I also love her relationship with her younger sister May and how much she cares for her family (even when they're annoying).

I feel like America is kind of awkward. She's also blunt and wears her heart on her sleeve, but she's still a spitfire. She's so relatable. Another thing I love about her is how close she is with her maids. They are there to serve her but she is always looking out for them and when the palace is under attack, she is concerned for their safety. It's something both Maxon and I love about her.

I am team Maxon and not team Aspen. America deserves better. She deserves to be treated like a lady and taken care of. Plus, Maxon was willing to implement a system of getting food to the lower castes simply because America shared her opinion about their struggles. They are so cute together. The fact that he tells her he'd send everyone home if he knew she loved him, I just- I can't. I was squealing like a 13 year old girl. 

Overall, I love this book and can't wait to continue along with the series. I hope to see America's relationship with Prince Maxon grow and I want him to pick her. 

5 stars for America Singer!! (and May, Marlee, Prince Maxon, Lucy, Anne, and Mary)




No comments:

Post a Comment