Monday, December 5, 2016

Countdown to Christmas - Favorite Movies



1. "Elf"

      I'm obsessed with this film and I have been since the first time I saw it in the 8th grade. It's absolutely hilarious and it's also heartwarming.


2. "Frosty the Snowman"

       How can anyone not love Frosty?! This movie never fails to make me smile and warm my heart. It's all about sacrificing for the ones you love.


3. "Rudolph"

     I love Rudolph. He's so precious and he's such an under dog! It's impossible not to cheer for him and his buddies. Although, I'm not a big fan of Santa's attitude in this film though.


4. "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"
      It's so interesting learning about Santa's backstory and where he came from. I feel like this movie reminds us to help one another and to be kind to each other.


5. "The Grinch" (cartoon version)

       Poor Jim Carrey, you just can't top this cartoon classic. The Grinch is such a precious tale of what can happen when you let love into your heart. Christmas is a season of unconditional love, sacrifice, and giving.

6. "The Santa Clause"
   
      I love all 3 of these movies. They truly are classics. I love the family dynamics and the magic in them. Remember, "seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing."


7. "Christmas with the Kranks"
   
     This movie is hilarious. It's such a fun change of pace. I mean who decides to skip Christmas?!


8. "The Nativity Story"

    You can't talk about Christmas without talking about the Christ child. This film beautifully displays the Nativity Story and everything Mary and Joseph went through. Jesus was born on that beautiful night making his birthday a time of love, sacrifice, and generosity.


9. "A Christmas Story"

    This is a classic. I have watched this every year my entire life. I love little Ralphie and his crazy family.


10. "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"

       This movie is ridiculous and hilarious. It's impossible not to laugh.


Merry Christmas everyone! Happy holidays to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment