Monday, April 25, 2016

Book Review - "Autumn's Kiss" by Bella Thorne


I don't even know what to say about this book. I'm so disappointed in it.

***SPOILERS AHEAD***


Ok so it starts off and everyone is suddenly friends and everything has been swept under the rug. I guess that's nice, but there is no resolution from the previous book for the reader. It ends and everyone Renzie is mad at Autumn and Sean is mad at both of them, but now they're all best friends. It's just ridiculous. I'm sorry, but that's not how high school works. It'd be great if it did, but it's not.

Now Autumn has a map that can take her wherever she wants to go. That's cool. It's random, but you get used to it. Autumn finally meets Kyler Leeds and he ends up being a weird character...he's part douche bag but also part sweet guy.

Sean and Autumn finally go out, and it's nice until he cheats on her with Renzie. How does Autumn know this? She appears in his closet on their vacation and witnesses them hooking up. Of course she's devastated, and JJ is there to pick up the pieces. They start going out before Sean even gets back and when he does come back he is pissed at Autumn for breaking up with him via text message and blocking him. Autumn ends up feeling guilty for it and doesn't really feel the same about JJ as he feels about her. What. the. F. I don't think so. She's made to feel bad for breaking up with her boyfriend for cheating on her? Hell no! He says that he felt so guilty that he threw up the next morning and the only reason it happened was because they had been drinking. I'm sorry, but that's crap. He and Renzie end up dating later on. I think Autumn had every right to break up with him. He never would have told her what happened if she hadn't of found out. He really didn't care about her.

With that being said, Autumn is a bitch for jumping into a relationship with JJ so quickly and leading him on. How terrible. He has been nothing but good to her and that is how she is going to repay him? I just can't believe the author made Autumn become such an all over the place character. I also can't believe how guilty she makes Autumn feel about Sean. I think that makes me angrier than any of it. She has no reason to feel guilty. It's ridiculous.

This whole disaster ends with a party at Autumn's where everyone shows up except JJ. The only reason they show up is because Kyler Leeds sends each of her friends a personalized video inviting them there. Sean and Renzie are there as a couple which is a douche move. I thought they were all friends? That doesn't seem very friendly to me. Then Autumn sneaks away and decides to poof off to where Kyler Leeds is. The f?

I just don't even know. The first book was so cute....and this one started off ok I guess, but it ended horribly. I think I'm done with Autumn Falls and her friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment