Monday, May 2, 2016

Greek Mythology Series


So I'm thinking about doing a Greek Mythology series where I discuss the various gods and goddesses and other aspects of mythology. I love this subject and it's something I'm very passionate about. I'm actually toying with the idea of writing books about it. I was thinking of a nonfiction collection with the gods, goddesses, titans, lesser gods, and creatures as well as a fiction series. I think what Rick Riordan has done with Percy Jackson is amazing and I know it has sparked interest in a lot of young people about mythology. I also love Aimee Carter's The Goddess Test trilogy. It is a whole new perspective on the gods/goddesses and mainly on the myth of Hades & Persephone.

Here is how I'm thinking of outlining it:


  • The Beginning - The Elder Titans
  • Cronus & Rhea
  • Zeus Rebels Against Cronus
  • Olympian Series
    • Zeus
    • Hera
    • Poseidon
    • Hestia
    • Hades
    • Demeter
    • Aphrodite
    • Ares
    • Hephaestus
    • Apollo
    • Artemis
    • Athena
    • Hermes
    • Dionysus
    • Persephone
  • Lesser Gods
    • Eros
    • Helios
    • Selene
    • Aurora
    • Nymphs
    • Pan
    • The Fates
    • The 9 Muses
  • Creatures
    • Minotaur
    • Centaur
    • Cerberus
  • Medusa
  • 2nd Generation of Titans
  • Jason
  • Atlas
  • Prometheus
  • Hercules

I'm thinking of including famous myths in each post, or maybe doing a second post for the myths...I haven't really figured it out yet. I'm just obsessed with this topic and honestly my obsessions are why I even blog so this just makes sense. 

So here is to hoping that you'll join me on this Greek adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment