Monday, January 11, 2016

PLL #5YearsForward & Shadowhunters Premiers!



Tuesday January 12th is going to be a big day, well evening. 

ABC Family will officially and forevermore be known as Freeform. 
Pretty Little Liars 5 Years Forward will premier at 8 pm EST. 
Shadowhunters will premier at 9 pm EST. 




I'm beyond excited for both of these premiers, but lets start with Pretty Little Liars. Although we know a few things about what will be going on and where the girls are at in their lives, I'm really excited to actually see it. I can't imagine the fact that Hanna is engaged to someone who is not Caleb and who is Ali married to?! I can't believe that Alison was the first one to get married! I'm curious to see what the girls have to say about Charlotte/A being set free. I wonder if Spencer's bangs will grow on me...I want to know what Aria is up to and Ezra as well. 

I'm very curious about who the new "big bad" is this season. The girls seem very scared, but I have a hard time imaging the stakes being any higher then they were/have been the last 5 1/2 years. I mean the girls have watched how many people die and have narrowly avoided their own deaths how many times? Now what's going to happen? I'm also curious to find out where the Liars parents are, because last we saw the moms, they were all trapped in the basement of the DiLaurentis' house. I can't wait to see the girls acting like girls my age or the actress' ages for that matter. 




Now on to Shadowhunters, I am so excited for this show I can hardly contain myself. The promo's for this show were so enticing that I bought the book and I am completely sucked in.Halfway through The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, I ordered the rest of the series. I'm so pumped. I know the show is going to stick to the books, but they also keep teasing surprises which I'm curious and excited about. I think the only issue I have from the promos is Isabelle Lightwood's clothing. She is a complete badass woman and I think she will be great for girls to look up too, however they have dressed her in very skimpy clothing unnecessarily. She's stunning, don't get me wrong but I would have liked them to cover her up a little more. Maybe they do in the show, I don't really know but we'll see. 

I know in the show everything starts on Clary's 18th birthday, but in the books Clary is 15 and turns 16 later in the week while she is at the Institute (her and Jace in the greenhouse is one of my favorite scenes, so I'm disappointed that it won't be included). Clary also goes off to college to be an art student, so I'm curious as to how that will fit in with her shadow hunter duties. I'm very excited for this show (have I mentioned that yet?!) and I think the cast looks amazing. 

Tune in to Freeform tomorrow night at 8 for the beginning of what is sure to be one memorable night!

No comments:

Post a Comment